Abingdon is more than just a historic, scenic, charming town. It is also a fun place to be.
The town is in Washington County, Virginia, just over 130 miles southwest of Roanoke and about 600 miles from Chicago. Around 10,000 people live in Abingdon permanently, though many more people visit each year.
Abingdon is officially a Virginia Historic Landmark. It has several important heritage sites. As well, you can find many examples of arts and crafts in the galleries and museums that dot Main Street.
Some of the things to do in and near the town are:
- Visit historical sites and museums
- Shop for arts and crafts
- Attend one of the many festivals, concerts and other events on the town calendar
- Experience the outdoors, including the Virginia Creeper Trail
- Catch one of the local or touring music acts.
For more information, see Visit Abingdon Virginia.
Abingdon Argus News
For local news (including score updates), check out the Argus-Sentinel page on Facebook.
For local newspaper listings, email: email@example.com
21 January 2016
Amber Elliott, a medical assistant for Occupational Medicine SMMC Galesburg, is to be married to Mark Slagel, a metal tech at Daves Autobody Galesburg.
- Ms. Elliott is the daughter of Danny and LaDawn Johnson of Abingdon, as well as the late Steven Elliott.
- Mr. Slagel is the son of Ralph and Deena Slagel of Abingdon.
An October wedding is planned.